As a home or business owner, you are responsible for your own security. Of course, you can always rely on your local law enforcement agency, but this will only take you so far. There is no doubt that crime in the United States is becoming a worrisome problem. Not only are you going to need an outdoor security system, but also an indoor security camera. There is an unlimited array of wireless home security systems available on the market, making it extremely difficult to choose just one. Y-cam is a well-known brand name that continues developing high-quality security cameras, with innovative technology and modern design.
The Y-cam EVO was released on the market in June 2016. While, it is seeing some success many consumers are not even aware of its existence. The EVO has a compact, lightweight design, but do not let this fool you, because it consists of premium components that work together to create an ideal home security solution. Each feature was carefully designed to deliver a specific action to ensure maximum functionality.
- HD Camera – The embedded HD camera offers a wide 100-degree FOV (field of view), so no stone is left unturned. The FOV is visible through the camera lens and will be captured on video or image, when an event is triggered.
- Night Vision – The infrared LEDs make it possible to see images in low-light conditions. The EVO is capable of seeing up to 8 meters, even when it is pitch-dark outside.
- Smart Technology – EVO is integrated with Smart technology. The Bluetooth 4.1 chip and Wi-Fi 802.11 embedded into EVO creates a bridge from your existing Wi-Fi router to your smartphone and back to EVO. This allows all three devices to communicate with each other. By downloading the Y-cam app to your smartphone, you will instantly be able to take full control of your home security.
- Motion Sensors – The embedded motion sensor will activate an alert, when someone enters the sensor range. When an event is triggered, a notification will automatically be sent to your app-enabled device. You will then be able to respond by viewing the recorded event.
- Real-Time Video – An event does not need to occur, just for you to monitor the surroundings of your home. In fact, you can access a live stream at any time.
- Cloud Storage – Unlike most security systems that charge for Cloud storage, EVO does not tack on any additional fees. You can store 7 days of event clips in Cloud, when the clips expire they will be deleted, new ones will be recorded and automatically stored to Cloud.
- Relevant Notifications – All security camera systems initiate false alerts from time to time. While, this can be truly annoying to the homeowner, it is just part of the operation process. Well, EVO lets you create custom zones and time schedules to eliminate these false flags. You can do this by accessing the app user interface. Here, you will also find a variety of features that will help you enhance your security system and experience.
- Easy Installation Process – The EVO offers a very quick and simple installation process. All you need to do is plug in the electric cable, pair with your existing Internet router, and then complete the initial setup.
- Includes a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on hardware
- Product measurements with stand – 70.4mm H X 52.2mm W X 57.3mm D
- Stand can be utilized for desktop or wall mount
- Free technical support
- Supports Android 4.4 and above and iOS 8.1 and above
- Camera only weights 49 grams
- Video and image resolution 1280 x 720
- Supports multiple users simultaneously, utilizing the same password and username
- The app’s user interface is designed to support multiple cameras in various locations
- Download videos to your tablet, PC, or smartphone via the app UI
Overall, the Y-cam EVO is a very reliable device that will provide you with continuous security. By creating scheduled recording times, you will be able to cut down on Internet data usage, just in case your Internet provider stipulates a limited GB data cap. If you happen to own the older version Y-Cam camera, you can connect it to EVO. Just access the app UI and press “Add New Camera” and follow the instructions.