If you are working diligently to transform your home into a Smart Home environment, you will need to purchase a variety of devices that will connect with your home automation hub. Your options will be limitless, but to assist you in selecting only high-quality Smart Home devices we have provided a list of product reviews that will get your started on working toward your goal.
ZTE SPRO2 Verizon Smart Home Theater Projector
If you participate in seminars, you will want to provide the attendees with high-quality video, audio, and photo projections. The Verizon Smart Home Theater Projector is the only equipment that you will ever need and its compact size will offer easy portability and storage.
- Equipped with a 5″ illuminated touchscreen display
- Provides a 1,280 by 720p resolution, so everyone in the audience will clearly see the live video and 120″ HD images
- Integrated with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 4G/LTE wireless communication technology
- Equipped with a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor
- Battery operated, lithium ion 6300 mAh battery, which offers a 2.5 hour run time on each charge (110/240v charger)
- HDMI, USB 3.0 ports, and a micro-SD slot
- Built-in speaker
- Compatible with 4.4 (KitKat) Android and iOS devices
- 16 GB of internal memory
The ZTE SPRO2 measures in at 5.3″ L X 5.2″ W X 1.2″ D, so you can easily tote it around and store it in a safe location. By downloading the mobile app, you will be able to control the projector via your smart phone.
You can easily adjust the size of the display size, by moving the projector back and forth. It is embedded with the auto-focus feature, so you will never have to worry about the picture’s clarity. The 200 lumen bulb will offer a long life of around 20,000 hours, before it needs to be replaced.
You cannot go wrong with the ZTE SPRO2 projector, since it offers everything that you will ever need for hosting a seminar.
Renny Home – Smart Home Phone Wireless Ringer
Tired of paying $30-50 a month for landline service that you rarely utilize? If so, you are not alone, which is why many consumers have traded their landline in for the innovative Renny Home. This Smart Home device is capable of transforming your iPhone into a home phone, without the need for Ethernet or landline connection.
- Connects to 1-2 mobile phones simultaneously
- Bluetooth range of 200 feet
- Operates off of your existing cellular connectivity
- Capable of helping you locate your lost cell phone
- 3 Ringtones, vibration, or silent options with adjustable volume
- Hands free answering/ignoring
- Built-in loudspeaker
If you want to bypass the battery power option, you can keep the A/C adapter plugged in at all times. The rechargeable battery is capable of offering 10 hours of run time, so you can utilize it during power outages and move it from room to room.
Renny is also capable of notifying the user of incoming texts and emails. By utilizing the voice commands, “answer” or “ignore”, you can accept or deny the incoming call . When Renny rings, the caller ID will identify the caller’s identity and verbally announce their name.
The Smart Home Phone is also equipped with a USB port, so you can charge your smart phone or other mobile devices. You can connect Renny to any Bluetooth enabled device and by pushing the music note button, you will be able to enjoy your favorite tunes.
If you are ready to cut ties with your landline, you should definitely invest in Renny Home. It is absolutely free to use and does not require Ethernet or wireless connectivity. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you will receive a full refund.
Easy@Home Body Fat Digital Scale
Are you currently on a mission to lose weight, but are having difficulty managing and tracking your success? If so, you are not along, which is why hundreds of consumers decided to invest in the Easy@Home digital scale.
- Compatible with most iOS (4S/5/5C/5S/6) and Android devices (2.3 or later)
- Equipped with a 4.3″ LCD display
- Designed with a sturdy glass top
- Measures in at 13″ L X 13″ W
- 400 Pound weight capacity
- Measures body weight, bone/muscle mass, body fat/water, visceral fat, and BMI/BMR
- Available in blue or silver
- Includes a 1-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
The Easy@Home scale is very unique in design and its capabilities are unlimited. The glass top and LCD display with blue backlight gives the scale eye appeal and beauty. It is integrated with a Bluetooth chip, so it will communicate with your iOS or Android device.
By downloading the Apple HealthKit app to your source device, you will be able to track, record measurements, and set up a graph display. The auto-off feature will automatically turn the scale off after a few seconds of inactivity, this will definitely cut down on battery waste.
Do not fret about achieving accurate results, because the Easy@Home is integrated with precision sensors and ITO electrodes to ensure accuracy. Capable of storing data for up to 10 different users. It identifies each user by connecting to their Bluetooth/app enabled device, which must be turned on, before stepping on the scale.
Operates off of 4 AA alkaline batteries, which will offer a long run time between replacements. Make sure to place the scale on a hard surface, because carpet and alter the overall accuracy.
The Easy@Home Bluetooth digital scale will definitely help you manage and track your weight loss better than any other device. Its beautiful, sexy design will integrate into your home décor and be a great addition to your bathroom accessories.
Amazon Echo Alexa
Are you in need of a virtual personal assistant that is capable of communicating with you? If so, you should a deeper look at Alexa, the voice behind the Amazon Echo. Thousands of consumers have invested in this voice-activated wireless speaker and the reviews/ratings left by these individuals are astonishing.
- Embedded with 360 degree Omni-directional audio feature
- Compatible with a large variety of Smart Home hub connected devices (WeMo, SmartThings, Wink, etc.)
- Fully controlled through voice activation and recognition
- Equipped with 7 microphones for achieving a longer hearing range
- Built-in speaker, 2 1/2″ woofer, and a 2″ tweeter
- Beam-forming technology for enhancing all-directional voice recognition
- 9 1/4″ H X 3.27″ in diameter and weighs 26.9 ounces
- Embedded with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices
- 4GB of storage space
- 1-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
When you receive your new Amazon Echo, you will need to take the time to download the associated Alexa mobile app to your source device. After the download is complete, you can begin to enjoy the innumerable benefits offered by the Echo.
You can wake up Alexa, by saying her name. Echo connects to a large variety of radio networks, streaming music services, audible audiobooks, and Wikipedia. You can create shopping or to-do lists (stored in the cloud), preset timers, and create a daily schedule on the Google calendar via your app enabled device.
You can train Alexa to recognize your voice more efficiently. You can purchase the Echo remote for additional cost to control the audio volume, without having to speak to Alexa. The device periodically, automatically updates via the cloud services.
There are several downsides to the Echo, it is not portable (must be plugged in at all times), not multilingual, and some purchases require manual intervention.
Once you become familiar with Alexa’s functionality and all of her great features, she will become an essential part of your life.
The Dojo heightens the security level surrounding the Smart Home devices that are connected to your Home Automation Hub. This device acts as a security gateway and will protect you from cyber attacks and other security issues. The base connects directly to your existing Ethernet router, while the pebble is integrated with the Wi-Fi technology, so you can move it around your home or rest on the base router.
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices
- Security gateway for all of your Smart Home Wi-Fi enabled devices and Home Automation Hub
- Fully managed, monitored, and controlled via app enabled source device
- Data is stored and analyzed in the cloud platform
- Metadata is protected by patented encryption and algorithms
- Extremely easy installation and set up processes
- Warns homeowners of suspicious URLs and abnormal activity via pattern recognition
Once you receive your new Dojo, you will need to download the free Dojo mobile app to your source device. You will complete the initial setup and let Dojo do the rest. When suspicious activity or vulnerabilities is detected, Dojo will begin to glow red and a notification will be sent to your source device. Of course, you will have the option of deactivating the iPhone notification, so you do not receive them.
This is only the beginning of Dojo’s capabilities, because it can also block any potential cyber hack. You will need to access the app, in order to investigate the red alert and to diffuse the problem.
This innovative security device will not only protect you from online cyber attacks, but it will provide an essential layer of security for all of your Smart Home devices, while securing your privacy. There is a subscription charge of $7.99 per months, but peace of mind, it will be worth every cent.
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Chime
If you own the Ring doorbell, you will definitely want to invest in the Ring Chime. This is a plug and play device that is integrated with the Wi-Fi connectivity, so it can communicate with the Ring doorbell and other Wi-Fi enabled devices. You will need to download the Ring app to your iOS or Android device and complete the initial setup, before you will have full control over the Chime.
- Integrated with Wi-Fi technology
- Compatible with the Ring doorbell, iOS, and Android devices
- Includes 1-Year manufacturer’s warranty in purchase price
- Can utilize 2 different doorbells simultaneously
- Create as many chimes as you want
- Sends instant notification to app enabled device, whenever visitor stops by
- Adjustable volume control
- No installation required
This is a great addition to your Ring doorbell. Plugs into any 110/120 volt electrical outlet. You will always have the option of disabling the Ring Chime on days that you do not want to be disturbed. You control the Chime and doorbell via your source device using the same Ring mobile app.