Sitting around in a hot, muggy house is uncomfortable and unideal. After a hard day of work, you should be able to return home to a house, which has been cooled to perfection. If you live with a responsible individual, he or she will be kind enough to switch on the air conditioner for you. Of course, there is one other way to solve this dilemma. By installing one of the smart thermostats in your home, you’ll be able to control your home’s climate control system from anywhere in the world. What can a smart home thermostat do for you? You will be able to find out below.
- 1 What Is The Best Smart Thermostat?
- 2 Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation Smart Thermostat Review
- 3 Honeywell Wifi Smart Thermostat Review
- 4 Schneider Electric Wiser Air Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat Reviews
- 5 Lux Products GEO Wi-Fi Thermostat Reviews
- 6 ZEN Thermostat
- 7 Sensi Wifi Smart Thermostat Reviews
- 8 Benefits of A Smart Thermostat
- 9 Wrapping It Up
What Is The Best Smart Thermostat?
Before moving any further, you should take the time to learn about the best smart thermostats. When looking at the products very closely, there are numerous differentials. However, when making a quick smart thermostat comparison, you will see that they all offer some universal features and specifications. A smart thermostat is a thermostat, which is capable of communicating with other wireless devices. One the device has been installed in your home, you will be able to control your home’s climate control system from anywhere in the world.
This has an innumerable number of benefits, but the most notable is the fact that you’ll never have to enter a scorching or freezing home ever again. At the same time, the best home thermostat will give you the ability to save energy and money from month to month. Take note that some of these devices will be a WiFi smart thermostat, while others will operate with Bluetooth and other wireless technologies.
Now that you have familiarized yourself with this type of smart home technology, it is time to take a glance at some WiFi thermostat reviews.
Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation Smart Thermostat Review
Throughout the years technological advances have been made in every aspect of life. You name it medicine, video games, and even thermostats have sailed in technological add-ons. The advances made in the thermostat field have been great and in fact they can save you money, make life easier, and simply give the user all around more control. If you are looking to take your HVAC system to the next level, then you should consider the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation.
- Very easy installation, in most cases the homeowner can perform the task on their own
- Compatible with most iOS 8 or higher and Android 4 or higher
- Includes a 2-Year limited warranty on parts only
- Farsight technology will sense your presence from a distance and automatically light up the display
- Capable of reducing energy wastes
- 3 Heating stages including W1, W2, and W3 compatibility
- 2 Cooling stages including Y1 and Y2 compatibility
- Compatible with heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Compatible with most humidifiers and dehumidifiers
The Nest 3rd Generation thermostat is integrated with the Wi-Fi connectivity, so it will be able to communicate with most Wi-Fi enabled devices. By downloading the Nest mobile app to your iOS or Android device, you will be able to remotely control the thermostat from anywhere around the globe.
The auto-schedule technology is phenomenal in that the thermostat has the capabilities of learning your preferred temperatures. Once it becomes familiar with your preferred temperatures, it will automatically create a schedule for you.
You can also activate the auto-away feature, which will aid in decreasing energy wastes. Once you exit the Wi-Fi range, the Nest will automatically make heating or cooling temperature adjustments, so energy is not wasted on an empty house. These automation features relies on algorithmic smarts and built-in sensors to function efficiently.
You will absolutely love the Nest Leaf, if you are an environmental friendly individual. Once you select a specified temperature, if it falls within the energy efficient range, the green leaf will appear at the bottom, center of the thermostat. Be sure to look for it, if you want to keep your electric bill at a minimum.
Once you complete the Nest app download and initial setup, you will have the option of making temperature adjustments, checking energy data history, and turning the thermostat on/off, plus you will receive alerts, when the temperature reaches a specific high or low level. The Nest 3rd Generation thermostat can also communicate with the Nest Protect CO2 and smoke alarm. If the Nest Protect senses any CO2 danger, it will automatically tell the Nest thermostat to automatically shut off your HVAC unit.
The 24-bit color LCD screen has a pixel resolution of 480 x 480, which will offer visibility and crystal clear clarity from a long distance. The thermostat is also multilingual, so you can select from several different languages including English, Dutch, Spanish, and French.
The Nest 3rd Generation is a very high-quality, reliable, and user friendly thermostat. If you are currently working on turning your home environment into a Smart Home, you should definitely add the best WIFI Smart Thermostat to your supply list.
Honeywell Wifi Smart Thermostat Review
Honeywell is a reputable and well-known brand, which has been in the game for an extensive period of time. It comes as no surprise that the company has decided to tackle the smart thermostat market. The TH9320WF5003 is a wonderful inclusion to the market and would make a great addition to any home. The thermostat’s exterior is absolutely beautiful and very wide. When utilizing the thermostat up close, you won’t need to squint to see the numbers. Also, the user will be able to choose a color scheme, which matches their home’s interior to perfection.
The Honeywell Smart Thermostat comes with an array of benefits. It is equipped with its own Onscreen Help button, which can guide you through the entire setup process. The associated smart phone app is free and will give you complete control, without a monthly fee!
- Onscreen Help button guarantees compatibility with non-tech savvy individuals
- Display keeps you up to day with indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity
- Displays time, date and current status
- Choose from a handful of different color schemes for effortless beautification
- No monthly fees
- Can be adjusted from anywhere with your iOS or Android device
- Schedule your thermostat to operate around your life
- Classified as an energy saving thermostat and can help you save money
- Measures in at 8.5 by .8 by 3.2 inches and weighs just 1.6 pounds
- Comes with a handy 1-year warranty
- Almost effortless installation and setup
All in all, there is a lot to like about this specific thermostat. The associated smartphone application is incredibly sleek and impressively responsive. If you’re looking for an excellent smart thermostat and are familiar with the Honeywell company, this purchase is a no-brainer. Just remember that it requires 110V or higher and needs the C-Wire! Be sure to check it out in more depth today!
Ecobee3 Smarter Wi-Fi Thermostat with Remote Sensor – Smart Thermostat Reviews
If you are looking to turn your HVAC or heat pump into a Smart Home heating and cooling unit, you should definitely consider the Ecobee3. This Smart Home device will offer total control and monitoring of your HVAC unit. This device is extraordinary in itself, but it stands heads above the competition brands, because it has been integrated with the Apple HomeKit Technology. This technology allows you to control the device via Siri, the intelligent personal assistant.
- Integrated with the Apple HomeKit Technology
- Includes a 3-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty on materials and workmanship
- Capable of monitoring temperatures in 32 rooms simultaneously (must purchase additional remote sensors to make this possible)
- Includes a remote sensor, which is capable of determining whether or not a specific room is occupied and needs heated or cooled
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices
- Equipped with a touchscreen display, which allows for temperature adjustments, etc.
- Monitor data energy history via your Ecobee3 app enabled device
The Ecobee3 black base thermostat is integrated with a sensor that will monitor the temperature in the room that it is located. The auto-away feature will definitely aid in reducing energy waste. This feature operates in conjunction with the remote sensors, in that it can detect your presence and when you exit a particular room or your home. The sensor will tell the thermostat to automatically switch off the HVAC unit, when your home is unoccupied for a specific period of time. Of course, you can disable this feature, if you prefer to bypass it all together.
It is important to place the remote sensors out of direct sunlight, away from air vents, and keep them 5’ off of the ground. This allows the sensors to operate more efficiently and accurately, so there is not interference with the actual temperature of a specific room, within your home.
The Follow Me feature also operates in conjunction with the remote sensor. These allow the Ecobee3 thermostat to monitor each individual sensor within an occupied room. Once the average temperature has been reached, the thermostat will switch off the HVAC unit. You can also schedule the thermostat to monitor only specific remote sensors throughout the day or at certain times of the day.
The Ecobee3’s GUI or graphical user interface is similar to the iOS app and there you can monitor the current outdoor temperature and weather conditions. You can also create an Away, Home, and Sleep comfort setting schedule, which the thermostat will follow throughout a 24-hour period. The Smart Recovery feature can be enabled or disabled. This technology will preheat or pre-cool your home to the preset desired temperature, in between each scheduled comfort setting.
If you are a fan of Apple’s Siri, voice-activated assistant, you will definitely want to consider the Ecobee3 Smart Home Thermostat, because it is embedded with the Apple HomeKit Technology. You can control the thermostat via Sira, which will add a little excitement to the overall programming and control of the device. One important factor to remember, the Siri only works, when you are inside of your home and operating off of the same Wi-Fi network connection.
Schneider Electric Wiser Air Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat Reviews
At this point in the game, you’re likely unfamiliar with Schneider Electric and this is truly a shame. The company’s Wi-Fi thermostat is highly innovative and incredibly stylish. It comes with many of the same features as the others and the style is likely unmatched with the alternative. It is available in two unique and beautiful color schemes, including black and white. The product is a little heavier than the others on the list and weighs in at 2.4 pounds. Still, this is nothing to complain about. It measures in at 1 by 4 by 4 inches.
The installation process is incredibly simple and can be completed in a few quick steps. Most will be able to get the device up and running within a matter of 30 minutes, if not sooner. Only a screwdriver and wire cutter are needed.
- Wiser Air is compatible with many utility programs, so you can benefit from rewards for managing your energy use
- Installation is quick, painless and requires limited tools
- System automatically upgrades itself, so you don’t need to upgrade the hardware in the future
- Offers sleep and away modes
- Setup a schedule, which perfectly suits your day
- Gives off a pulsing glow to show you how the system is running
- Equipped with internal sensors, so it can tell when you’re near
- Controllable from anywhere with your mobile device of any operating system
- Design is unparalleled and incredibly cool
- Comes with Limited Warranty
The Schneider Electric Wiser Air Smart Thermostat is an excellent choice for almost everyone. It is incredibly efficient, very responsible and the design is great. When the Wiser Pulse is switched on, the product will be easily identifiable as one of the best smart home devices! With the abundance of benefits delivered, this one is hard to ignore! Check it out for yourself today!
Lux Products GEO Wi-Fi Thermostat Reviews
If you’re looking for a sleek, innovative smart home thermostat to add to your smart home automation system, you will definitely want to check out the Lux Products GEO Wi-Fi Thermostat. The thermostat can be installed vertically or horizontally and the installation couldn’t be easier. If you’ve ever installed a thermostat in the past, you won’t have a bit of trouble installing this one. The unit is compatible with the free Android and iOS application, which provides control remotely.
- Offers 3 power options, including battery only, micro-USB or C-Wire
- Can be controlled from the free iOS and Android App
- Installation is effortless and should be familiar
- Geofencing option is very cool and helpful
- System can be setup and programmed from the unit
- Very affordable option
- Comes with an extensive 3-year warranty!
- Low battery alarm and air filter monitor
- 7-day programming for hands-free comfort
- Can display temperature in Fahrenheit, as well as Celsius
- Mercury free, cool wheel control interface and can be used without Wi-Fi
Truthfully, there is a lot to like about the Lux Products Wi-Fi Thermostat. The unit is very versatile, flexible and can be used in a number of different ways. If you don’t want to use the unit’s WiFi compatibility, you won’t need to. Instead, you can use the wheel control. Of course, the most impressive feature of all is the 3-year warranty. No other smart thermostat company is willing to backup their product to this degree. Lux Products should be applauded for the move!
While exploring wireless thermostat reviews, it is wise to check out Zen Within. This company has delivered a very beautiful and incredibly versatile smart home thermostat with their ZEN Thermostat. The thermostat is compact with a large number of platforms, including SmartThings, ZigBee and Securifi’s Almond+ and Almond 2015. The unit is incredibly easy to use and the installation process couldn’t be more straightforward. The system’s LED display is very sleek and will provide you with all of the feedback needed to keep your home comfortable. It is also available in a white and black model.
The device measures in at 4.3 by 4.3 by .9 inches and weighs just 6.4 ounces. The system can use backup batteries. The 4 AA batteries will deliver nearly 24,000 hours of battery life. When the unit is installed and connected to your current smart home automation system, you will be able to control the thermostat from anywhere in the world.
- Connect to existing platforms, including SmartThings, SwannOne and ZigBee
- Available in black and white color schemes
- Sleek display will keep you aware of the temperature, at all times
- Incredibly easy to use
- Installation process is immensely easy
- When connected to a smart home hub, scheduling and remote control become enabled
- Doesn’t require a C-Wire for added compatibility
All in all, the ZEN Thermostat is an excellent option for those that already have a smart home hub. Otherwise, one of the other options might be a better choice. Still, the unit is stylish, easy to use and effortless to install! Check it out for yourself right now.
Sensi Wifi Smart Thermostat Reviews
When taking the time to explore the market’s supply of smart thermostats, you will definitely want to check out the inclusion from Emerson. The Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat 1F86U-42WF is an excellent addition to any smart home. It is available in a DIY and Pro version to guarantee that it’ll match your skill level. Once the Sensi thermostat has been connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you’ll be able to control it from anywhere in the world using the mobile app. The app is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
The system also comes with an optional 7-day scheduling feature. This will give you the ability to plan out the entire week and ensure the HVAC is shut off, when nobody is home. For added convenience, the installation is quick, easy and won’t take most people more than 15 minutes.
- Works with your home’s Wi-Fi network
- Associated App is sleek and compatible with Android and iOS
- Optional 7-day scheduling feature can help you save money
- Installation couldn’t be easier
- No C-Wire is required, so the Wi-Fi thermostat is compatible with more households
- Compatible with the Wink app and Wink Smart Home Hub
- Uses 2 AA batteries, which can deliver 9000 hours of battery life
- Measures in at 5.9 by 1.1 by 3.8 inches and weighs just 1 pound
- Displays local weather and indoor humidity
All in all, it is truly hard to complain about the Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat. The product is incredibly inexpensive and will serve you for tremendously well for many years to come. Since the thermostat doesn’t need the C-Wire, it’ll be more suitable for more households. The installation is simple, the thermostat is reliable and utilization is convenient. For that, this one should be explored in further detail today!
Benefits of A Smart Thermostat
At the end of the day, there are numerous smart thermostats on the market and each will provide you with some degree of convenience. Of course, the benefits do not stop there. For your convenience, the benefits of a smart thermostat will be listed below.
- Offers control remotely, so you can turn your system on and off from afar
- Some offer hands-free operation with scheduling options
- Delivers endless peace of mind knowing you’ve turned the system off
- Can be used to help save an immense amount of energy and money
- You’ll be at the top of the game and ahead of the pack
- Endless amount of conveniences, which aren’t available with standard alternatives
- Stay up to date with mobile alerts
- Monitor local weather and temperature
Wrapping It Up
All in all, the best smart thermostats are well worth the money and can enhance the consumer’s life in numerous ways. If you want to experience the future, you can do so right now, by installing one of these devices in your home. Just be careful, as smart home technology is tremendously addictive and you will not be able to stop yourself from shopping for more.